Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 161: My last zero

Hiked 0.0 miles, staying at the Lakeshore House.

Today many people departed for the trail despite the horrific weather.  It actually cleared up in the morning briefly but then made up for it by dropping multiple inches of rain in the afternoon.  The streets were all rivers and I was happy to get to be indoors.  I had been hoping to take advantage of the kayaks and water trampoline that the hostel has on the lake that it sits on but you can't have everything.  I spent the day off my feet and other than a quick trip to the post office to send a few things home I didn't do much.  Just the way a good zero should be.

Why Not got her triple crown in the mail today!

I sat on the lake on the back patio of the hostel and ate lunch during a brief respite in the weather
I waved goodbye to more hikers today but a bunch more caught up to me and are in town.  This includes Barbarossa, Oreo, Quahog, Runnerup, Pacemaker, Ambassador, Carbon, Peaches, Firehands, Strawberry Donut and Whistler.  Many of these hikers I haven't seen in a very long time.  Today was Runnerup's birthday and we all went down to the bar to celebrate.  I haven't taken hardly any double zeros on the trail and I'm definitely getting ansy to get back to hiking tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment