Hiked 0.0 miles, staying in Ridgefield, CT.
I was persuaded to take a second zero today. How did Kevin manage to get me to do so? He and his family offered to take me along to the Yankees vs. Orioles game tonight in NYC. How could I refuse that?
The morning was spent getting resupply done and then more sitting by the pool while the ladies went to get their nails done. Yep, a very busy day.
We left for NYC in the late afternoon and despite some people stressing a little about leaving late and missing the intended train, we made it to the stadium in time for the anthem and first pitch. I haven't been to a Yankees game before but I was surprised how quiet it was. Normally there is music or organ music or an announcer always making noise, but generally there wasn't much of that. The crowd was pretty quiet too, everyone was watching intently, though this could have been because the Orioles were in the lead for the entire game.
![]() |
| Kevin and I chilling at the train station |
![]() |
| Kevin, Amanda, Jenny and me in front of the stadium |
![]() |
| Our view of the action, Yankee Stadium is BIG! |
It was 2-1 from first inning on and was the same score going into the bottom of the ninth. Then the Orioles loaded the bases and threw eight bad pitches in a row, an unexciting way for the Yankees to come from behind for the win. To be funny I sent a picture of me holding a Yankees cup to a few of my die hard Boston friends. Everyone was exhausted when we got back to the house and I have to get up early to hit the trail so no evening in the hot tub tonight, just straight to bed.
![]() |
| Kevin, Amanda and I at the game |
![]() |
| Kevin and I snuck into the fancy seating area to get a picture closer to the field |





No comments:
Post a Comment