Keep in mind that this video was shot while sheltered behind a huge rock wall and only upon just leaving the trees, the winds were much stronger near the top. I would guess about 70-80 mph sustained winds with gusts much higher. I could lean into the wind about 60 degrees without falling over and there was a period of time where we had to crawl across the top because you couldn't stand up without getting blown off the mountain. What an adventure! Don't worry though we are all safely back in Damascus and are going to try again tomorrow. Full story to come next time I get computer access!
Videos not showing up, but the words you wrote and those by Why Not, Srocket and Quaker told of a real chaotic experience! Thanks for ALL your posts--I follow them all. I'm Why Not's new friend, Mtn Cabin Pam.
ReplyDeleteThanks for following Mtn Cabin Pam, Why Not spoke very highly of you! The videos probably require Flash to play so you may need to update your browser. I have been able to view them in both Chrome and Firefox. If you can't get them, Why Not can get you a copy at some point.
Delete